Legal Services Outsourcing is a relatively new yet a
rapidly expanding phenomenon. Economies of Scale are encouraging law firms
in developed countries make increased use of Legal Service Providers in
developing countries such as India where services of skilled professionals
are relatively much cost effective
At present outsource work in Legal Services is a mix of secretarial and
legal work like:
- Indexing and scanning documents
- Legal Codings
- Legal Transcription
- Legal Documentation
- Patent review and searches
- Drafting Contracts
- Surveying Laws of various Jurisdictions
- Legal Research
- Litigation support graphics
How does Legal Service Outsourcing Help Legal Firms:
- Legal firms are realizing the cost effectiveness of outsourcing
predictable legal work to countries where hiring costs of skilled
professions is much lower than that in developed countries.
- Investing into new technologies increases operation costs for law
firms, besides additional workload reduces the efficiency of the lawyer.
- In today's, competitive scenario lawyers have on them the pressure of
reducing costs. Law Firms, therefore, are finding it advantageous to
outsource various legal and para-legal works to professionals who are
capable of completing the task more effectively in lesser time and cost.
- Quality of work outsourced is almost the same as what legal firms can
get in-house though at a higher cost.