Copy writing is an art, a craft and a creative skill of
presenting written material, either advertisements or detailed information,
in a more presentable way, in a way that attracts more number of readers. It
is simply an art of playing with words. A copy writer is the one who writes
or prepares copy for publication.
Words are astonishingly powerful and are the primary source of
communication. Words used in copy writing can entice a customer to buy, in
short it holds the key to any buying decisions. Several call centers provide
this services in order to enhance their business value and improve their
Copywriting is crucial for an online and offline success since it delivers
valuable content to the consumer and serves as a powerful and effective
Objectives of Copy Writing
The main objectives of Copy writing
- Attract the customers' attention
- Interest them with your offer
- Do everything to motivate the customers' desire to make a purchase
- Create brand awareness of your products or services
Types of Copy Writing
- SEO Copy Writing: SEO stands for search
engine optimization. It is a technique of writing the website
content. The content is written in such a way that it appeals the
Internet reader as well as the web crawlers.
- Press Release Writing: It is a written or recorded
communication directed at members of the news media for the purpose of
announcing something claimed as having news value.
- Advertisement Copy Writing: An advertising
copywriter initiates ideas based on advertising principles, then plans
and prepares the contents of an ad that´s based on those ideas.
- Ghostwriting: It is a technique of writing under
someone's else name. Several autobiographies of celebrities are written
by writers because these celebrities themselves are not good writers.