is a type of expository writing
most often used to convey information for technical or business purposes.
Good technical writers are some of the most versatile of professional
writers. Today's tech writers are expected to do more than just write text.
They need writing skills, technical knowledge, research skills, management
skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to think critically about the
projects they work on.
Technical writing services
are employed to explain the details of a
topic in a way that is easily understood by readers. These services are
offered by various call centers and this finally enhances the worth of
technical writing with the advance net in information technology.
Skills Required by Technical Writer
The primary skill required by a technical writer is of course writing. One
should be able to write in a clear, concise matter.
Few other skills required are :
Some of the technical writing services offered are :
- Knowledge of technical subject
- Computer skills, at least knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Interviewing skills, required for interviewing technical people to
get the information you need for your documents.
- Project Manuals
- User Guides
- Technical Abstract & references
- Policies and procedures manuals
- On-line Help Systems
- Online Courseware
- Quality documentation
- Functional Specifications
- Requirements Documents
- Business Process Re-engineering Documents
- Solutions Design Documents
- Usability Test Reports
- Product Testing Documents
- White Papers