General Ledger Maintenance
Every organization irrespective of its size of operation,
statutorily needs to maintain books of accounts. General ledger is the most
important books of accounting.
General Ledger Records the Following:
- Division of accounts in personal, real and nominal
- Summarized form of every transaction
- Recording various sales transaction
A general ledger forms the basis of important financial statements such as
Profit and loss account and Balance sheet. To cash on the benefits accruing
as result of outsourcing, large organization have given the responsibility
of general ledger maintenance to specialist organizations.
Benefits of Outsourcing Ledger Maintenance:
- Outsourcing Ledger maintenance helps to reduce paperwork. There is no
need to maintain books of accounts like cash book, purchase book, sales
- Advanced softwares used to maintain book of accounts also help to
analyze comprehensive reports and management information.
- Maintenance of books of accounts by personnel specializing in the
task, also provides regular auditing of accounts.
- Additional reports are also provided to clients according to the
- An organization saves time required to maintain and update various
books of accounts.