is a method of collecting data from
primary source or from secondary source such as paper map for computer
processing and analysis. It is the conversion of the entire data into
organized digital files.
A combination of innovative document management techniques combined with
the leverage of labor substitution led to outsourcing success for the BPO
has made the process of data capture
faster and more accurate. The timeline is shortened with outsourcing and the
remaining time is better utilized in other areas.
Data Capture Methods
- Tally charts are used to record data such as the number of
occurrences of a particular event and to develop frequency distribution
- Batch keying is one of the oldest methods of data capture and
uses a computer keyboard to type in the data.
- Interactive capture is often referred to as intelligent
keying. Usually, captured data are edited before they are imputed.
- Magnetic recordings allow for both reading and writing
- Optical character readers or bar-code scanners, are able to
recognize alpha or numeric characters. These readers scan lines and
translate them into the program.
Why Outsourcing Data Capture
- Allows you to focus on core business only
- Reduces capital costs of infrastructure
- Improve employee satisfaction with higher value addition jobs
- Makes best use of competitive resources available worldwide
- Your Competitors may be doing it