Every industry vertical has its own unique challenges. But
the retail industry--retail stores and the growing segment of e-business
catalog sales--has an entire shopping cart full of challenges. These
challenges can be overcome by outsourcing the related services.
Outsourcing is one way for retailers to compete and reduce overhead cost.
is the fourth largest vertical market for outsourced service
providers . In an industry with thin margins, the main issues that retailers
face are increasing sales and decreasing costs. Retail Call Centers
assists customers, collects data, and provides superior customer services.
Key Features for the Retail Industry
- Skilled Multi-lingual Agent Representation
- IVR, Live Call Transfers for the Retail Industry
- Database query development and validation
- Superior Quality Assuranceretail call centers, Accurate Data Capture
- Customer escalation procedures
- Private Secure Networking, VPN, Firewall.
- Full statistical Daily Call Activity Reporting
- Retail Telemarketing Program Development and Account Management
Some of call center services for the retail industry includes:
- Auto attendant: A voice driven auto attendant lets
callers simply speak the name of the person, store or department and the
customer automatically gets connected to it.
- Bill reminders: Place automatic bill reminders
calls to customers.
- IVR and Live Representative Store locator: It gives
the customer more accurate information.
- Order status: Place automatic calls to customers as
orders arrive or ship and customers can check on orders as they desire.
Function of Retail Call Center
The main function that retail call
centers will perform is inbound up-and cross-selling. Outsourcers should
sell based primarily on their abilities to increase sales and only
secondarily on their abilities to help the client realize savings and
Retailers Outsourcing to India
When it comes to outsourcing, India
is where the action is. And the outsourcing boom in the country is opening
doors for boosting the growth of other industries as well, with the major
beneficiary being the retail sector. India also has the highest number of
retail outlets per capita in the world.