Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) is the advanced
technology that serves as the focal point of the working of modern call
centers. It integrates the organization's computer and telephone systems and
the facilitates effective applications to make every phone call, inbound and
Although the most widely-known CTI application is
screen population or screen pop, CTI is also used by other call center
- Quality Monitoring
- E-mail Management
- Predictive Dialing
The CTI software is a rich set of phone software library routines
that enable the application programs to control the phone system. It helps
increase employee productivity
, enhance customer service and reduce
by combining the capabilities of phone system with the custom
of Windows, Unix or Web applications. Data collected by
the phone ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) or IVR (Interactive Voice
Response) systems can be passed to the PC, Unix or Web applications through
the phone software.
Features of CTI Software
- Launch PC/WEB applications - Specific PC, Unix or Web applications
can be automatically launched using the telephony software based upon
data provided by your phone system.
- Caller Identification (Caller ID or ANI) - Information from the
existing caller database appears on-screen when the telephone rings and
remains on the screen during the call.
- Called Number Identification (DNIS) - With each call, special
campaign information can be displayed from the application based upon
the number dialed by the caller.
- Vital information collected by the phone system from the caller can
be passed to the application. The computer telephony integration
software manages this process and free agents to be more productive.
- Any phone number can be pointed or clicked in the computer database
or Softphone. The telephone then dials the call - a must for maximizing
the productivity of outbound telemarketing or call center service desks.
- CTI software system allows to generate real time reports and graphs.
This important measuring system helps you observe and control the
performance of call center and phone system with clear and meaningful
displays. Graphs and charts of operational statistics let you measure
the effectiveness of each user and campaign. Reports and graphs include
both inbound and outbound statistics.
Products of CTI Software
- The CTI software products include Universal Phone System (UPS) that
links various industrial phone systems with applications programs using
computer telephony integration software. The phone system is one of
several PBX systems supported by the UPS. The DSC Universal Softphone is
just one application that works with this system.
- Embedded Phone Software Functions CTI software includes a rich set of
phone functions that can be used within any existing PC or Web
- Phone System Login and Logout
- Remote Agent Login
- Receive incoming calls
- Transfer calls
- Monitor calls
- Place Calls ON/OFF hold
- Voice Mail Retrieval
- Phone Software Records Calls
- Record Call History
- Direct calls to phone system IVR
- Place outside call and transfer call